Thursday, November 14, 2013

Let's get real

It has been a crazy few years. From living in San Diego as an event manager to throwing all caution to the wind and spending a year living and learning in Paris, France to settling down in the city of Denver. It has been a whirlwind to say the least!

I have experienced some of the best, most memorable moments of my life in these past three years and I have also gone through some really dark times too. I'd say that more has happened and changed in the past 24 months than in most of the years of my life.

The truth is that growing up is a tough business. All those years of schools and internships and advice from the people around you could never fully prepare you for the weight of being a full grown adult human. Its scary stuff! As terrifying as adulthood can be, if you look at it with the idea that you are going to make being an adult your b*tch (excuse my language!) then maybe it isn't so bad.

That is the outlook I am trying to maintain now. That I can conquer being a mature, successful 26 year old and that when it comes down to it, I am in control of my life. Things have been knocking me on my butt lately and as close as I am to wanting to throw in the towel and crawl into a corner and hide for the rest of my life...probably not the best idea I've ever had. When it rains it pours, that is the straight up truth but every storm runs out of rain at some point. I'm not at the end of this hurricane yet but I've decided to start taking control of my little baby boat and make it through to that tropical island I'm heading for.

So, with all that inspirational mumbo gumbo out there, this marks the start of something new. Nobody is going to come around with a pretty little business tied up in a big pink bow for me to run so I suppose I should go make one myself.

Welcome to La Pêche. This is where it all begins.

1 comment: